Monday, June 6, 2011

Ultravox- Visions In Blue (the video)

This is a promo video for Ultravox's "Visions In Blue" in 1983. It's fairly erotic and arty. Lots of interpretive dance (pretty fucking cool I might add) and glimmers of gratuitous nudity. This is by far my favorite Ultravox song (Midge Ure Ultravox, that is). Plus after seeing this video, its one of the best Ive ever seen. Ive tried to find out who directed it but, google has failed me yet again. I'm gonna lay a wager that it was either Australian Russ Mulcahy or Godley and Creme.
UPDATE: I just checked filmography's of both directors and neither have done this video, though both have handled Ultravox videos. I'm pretty good... but not good enough. If you find out please tell me.
Total Tour de force. Midge Ure is a stud. Ultravox are a power house. Enjoy this video.

Lots of love. XXX.

No comments:

Post a Comment