Friday, June 3, 2011

Bryan Ferry- In your mind



Man, is this Ferry cat suave? He is so fucken suave. I got this album immediately after I caught a glimpse at the promotional video for one of the singles off of this very album. Bear with me and picture this... Ferry in tight leather pants with a tucked in dress shirt and tie, not to mention the dude shaking his shit about (god damn, this cat is cooool) .
"In your mind" is Ferry's 4th solo outing and the first to include all original material (his second is made decades after this one; 2010's "Olympia"). This albums sounds like Roxy Music to a tee (it pretty much is as most Roxy members are present as session musicians). If you cant get enough Roxy I suggest you tear up Ferry's solo catalog. Believe me when I say I CANT get enough Roxy Music, this is the Roxy shot I've been after to soothe my aching Roxy addiction. I was eternally bummed they stopped in 82' (6 years before I was BORN).
Obviously "Tokyo Joe" is a stand out track, where Ferry has a merry fuck around with oriental chic, he sounds as if he is having a ball with it as well. Cool geisha girls and Tokyo nights seem to the the theme.
The title track is another stroke of brilliance and sounds as if its been dropped from Roxy Music's "Siren" (actually I wouldn't be surprised if it was), that album is perfect beyond belief. The entire album is pretty straight forward, it might not be perfect but it most definitely is the Ferry I know and love.
You know what? Screw it, listen to this business if you love Roxy Music, I wholeheartedly guarantee your world will be rocked till you DIE.

Enjoy. XXX.   
  

1 comment:

  1. I bought this album in 1978 when I was 15. Bryan Ferry was the epitome of cool (and still is) Hey, He got Jerry Hall didnt he ?

    ReplyDelete