Monday, June 20, 2011

Suicide- Suicide


It is one in the morning, and I'm three quarters through Suicides first offering... I am shitting myself self right about now. The stark minimalism gives way for feelings of drastic unease, claustrophobia even.
A little while ago I was over whelmed with paranoia, I thought somebody was in the back yard... its windy outside... lots of noises about. I'm fucking scared.
The album is over ridden with a fantastic amount of dread and Alan Vega's freaky vocals and storytelling elevate the infinitely unpleasant atmosphere.
The primitive electronic drums and keyboard tones are the main components of what makes up the songs on this album. Despite the technology used (and even more so the era in which it was produced; 1977), this album is still remarkably fresh sounding.
My favorite track on the album would have to "Frankie Tear Drop", its a song which snow balls into a ferocious mess of screaming and strange atmospheric echo. Its a massive eleven minute epic. The shrieks become the most discerning part of the song as the protagonist (a highly strung out guy named Frankie) wipes out his wife and kid then shoots him self in the face.
All in all, this is an album to be heard. I will have to listen to what other stuff Suicide have done, as this is my introduction to them. I think I'm in love. You will also fall in love. Check it out.
Check it the fuck out already!!

No comments:

Post a Comment